LAW & BUSINESS
MARVIN I. SCHLACKMAN
Attorney at Law
29515 Bernice Drive
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(Los Angeles County)
Phone: (310) 547-0049
Fax: (310) 417-1859
(Prefer documents be sent via email attachment in .pdf format)
California State Bar No. 162165
Mr. Schlackman has practiced law in California since 1992. Prior to that he held federal regulatory positions, managed corporate projects in research, construction and manufacturing, and owned and operated a retail and service business. He is a skilled business planner and negotiator, consensus builder, and strategic thinker with a keen sense of understanding people and how to approach their problems, claims and legal issues.
The following is a list and description of positions Mr. Schlackman has held in his professional career:
Law Office of Marvin I. Schlackman, Rancho Palos Verdes and Long Beach, CA; 1992 - Present
Attorney at Law
Phones-To-Go, Rancho Palos Verdes and Lawndale, CA; 1984 - 1992
- Focus in business and corporations law, drafting, negotiating and enforcing contracts, employment and labor law, real estate and lease matters, intellectual property issues, administrative and government compliance law, and Internet and high-tech fields. Also handles Social Security, VA and Medicare denied claims, appeals and disputes.
- Form and startup corporations, partnerships and business enterprises. Transactional and litigation expertise and experience. Arbitrate or mediate disputes as a neutral, or represent clients in contractual or court ordered alternate dispute resolution venues.
Owner / President, Cellular Phone Dealership
Rockwell International (Two Professional Positions), El Segundo, CA, and Hanford, WA; 1981 - 1984
- Started cellphone dealership; directed 15 marketing and technical personnel; established extensive industry contacts.
- Built business from zero to over $1 million in annual sales and entered long-term airtime residual income contracts.
(1) Manager, Contracts and Proposals, El Segundo
(2) Senior Systems Engineer, Hanford
- Negotiated and monitored airplane production and engineering change contracts in the B-1 aircraft program.
- Liaison and interface with military and federal agencies, other prime and subcontractors, and vendors nationwide.
Envirogenics Systems Company, El Monte, CA; 1978 - 1981
- Organized high-level nuclear waste disposal program; systems engineering and technical project management.
Manager of Proposals
- Negotiated proposals and RFQs for desalination, water treatment and power projects in U.S. and foreign countries.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, San Francisco, CA; 1972 - 1977
Senior Environmental Engineer / USPHS Officer
Home | Experience | Legal Focus Areas
- Implemented and managed Federal waste management program in western U.S. and the Pacific Territories.
- Administered Federal government regulations and managed grant contracts in energy conversion from wastes.
Free Phone Consultation | FAQ's | Education
Legal Ad - Promo Website